The goal of the Midlands Green Business Program is to encourage businesses in Lexington and Richland Counties to be outstanding stewards of the environment, thus preserving South Carolina’s natural resources via (1) waste reduction and recycling, (2) energy efficiency, (3) water conservation, and (4) enhancing air quality.
WHY Become a Member?
It's free, quick, easy and beneficial!
Recognition: New Midlands Green Businesses in Lexington County are recognized before the Lexington County Council, in Lexington County social media posts and through press releases. All Midlands Green Businesses receive a framed certificate, door cling and assorted branded Green Business items (mug, cup, etc.) to help advertise their Midlands Green Business Membership.
Education, Assistance and Networking: Green Business Members are invited to attend quarterly breakfast meetings at no charge. Meetings are held at a variety of business locations, hosts share information about their successful efforts to protect the environment and time is allowed for networking with other business members.
HOW To Become a Member
1.Create an Internal Green Team.
2.Go to the Keep the Midlands Beautiful website to learn more about the program and to complete the online application form. They coordinate and manage the program for Lexington County, Richland County and the City of Columbia.
3. If you have questions, contact Traude Sander, Recycling Coordinator for Lexington County at (803) 785-3340 or email@example.com.
We thank the following businesses in Lexington County for the efforts and improvements they are making to protect our environment in the following areas:
(1) Air Quality, (2) Water Quality, (3) Energy Efficiency, and/or (4) Waste Reduction and Recycling
- 14 Carrot Whole Foods, Inc. - Lexington
- Akebono Brake Columbia Plant- West Columbia
- AllCaregivers, Inc. - Lexington
- Aman Enterprises, LLC - Lexington
- American Engineering Consultants, Inc. - Cayce
- Augusta Highway Self Storage - Lexington
- Berwick Offray, LLC- Batesburg
- Brown and Caldwell - Columbia
- Carolina Materials Corporation - Columbia
- Cincinnati Tool Steel Co. - West Columbia
- City of Cayce - Cayce
- CMC Steel SC- Cayce
- CR Jackson, Inc. - Columbia
- Cushman & Wakefield- Columbia
- Dominion Realty Partners - Columbia
- Dust-to Dust Green Burial / Nature Reserve Cemetery LLC - Swansea
- Environmental Consulting Services, Inc. - Columbia
- General Information Services, Inc. (GIS, Inc.) - Chapin
- Heritage Landscape Services, Inc. - Gilbert
- Husqvarna - West Columbia
- JC Wilkie Construction - Lexington
- James E. Smith Co., LLC - West Columbia
- Jumper Carter Sease Architects - West Columbia
- Just Wanna Melt - Lexington
- Kay Plumbing - Lexington
- Law Office of James Snell - Lexington
- Lexington Medical Center - West Columbia
- Lexington Presbyterian Church - Lexington
- Lexington Soil & Water Conservation District - Lexington
- Lotus Acupuncture - Columbia
- Loveland Coffee - Columbia
- Matrx Coaching, LLC - West Columbia
- Michelin North America Lexington Site - Lexington
- Midlands Habitat for Humanity Restore - West Columbia
- Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corp - West Columbia
- Northwood Dental Associates - Lexington
- Norwex - Nicole Cranford - Lexington
- Nucor Building Systems - Swansea
- Old Mill, LLC - Lexington
- PHT Services, Ltd. - Columbia
- Pitner Orthodontics - Columbia and Chapin
- Prysmian Cables and Systems - Lexington
- Roof Basket Works, Inc. - Lexington
- SAARP International LLC - West Columbia
- Saluda Shoals Park - Columbia
- SCANA Corporation- Cayce
- Shealy Consulting, LLC - Batesburg
- Silly's Snoballs - West Columbia
- Solent Technology - West Columbia
- Sun Solutions - West Columbia
- The Art of Dentistry - Irmo
- The Braces Place - Lexington
- Titan ProWash - Lexington
- Trevett's - Columbia
- Triangle Safe & Lock, Inc. - West Columbia
- Vital Energy Wellness and Rehab Center - Lexington and Columbia
- Walter P. Rawl and Sons, Inc. - Pelion
- Wingards Lawn Care - Leesville
If you would like to be recognized for your efforts and receive resources and information to help your business improve, become a member of the Midlands Green Business Program today. Complete an online application form here or contact Lexington County's Recycling Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 785-3340 for additional information.