Lexington County has received funding from the US Department of Treasury.
The U.S. Department of Treasury is releasing Federal dollars to:
- Support urgent COVID-19 response efforts to continue to decrease spread of the virus and bring the pandemic under control.
- Replace lost revenue for eligible state, local, territorial, and Tribal governments to strengthen support for vital public services and help retain jobs.
- Support immediate economic stabilization for households and businesses.
- Address systemic public health and economic challenges that have contributed to the inequal impact of the pandemic.
The Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds provide eligible state, local, territorial, and Tribal governments with a substantial infusion of resources to meet pandemic response needs and rebuild a stronger, and more equitable economy as the country recovers. Recipients may use these funds to:
- Support public health expenditures, by, for example, funding COVID-19 mitigation efforts, medical expenses, behavioral healthcare, and certain public health and safety staff
- Address negative economic impacts caused by the public health emergency, including economic harms to workers, households, small businesses, impacted industries, and the public sector.
- Replace lost public sector revenue, using this funding to provide government services to the extent of the reduction in revenue experienced due to the pandemic.
- Provide premium pay for essential workers, offering additional support to those who have and will bear the greatest health risks because of their service in critical infrastructure sectors.
- Invest in water, sewer, and broadband infrastructure, making necessary investments to improve access to clean drinking water, support vital wastewater and storm water infrastructure, and to expand access to broadband internet.
Lexington County will receive $58,028,685.00 to be spent through December 31 2026.
Please consider participating in the Lexington County survey. Your participation in this survey will assist County Council and Administration in prioritizing the use of the Federal program known as the State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund (SLFRF) monies here in Lexington County. The survey can be accessed using the link in the upper right column of this page. Please read the Lexington County Recovery Plan for 2021 to better understand what this Federal program is and the approved uses of this fund. The Lexington County Recovery Plan can be found in the upper right column of this page or on the County's home page.