Next Council Meeting
To enhance the Lexington County Museum through its duly appointed commission and to support, aid and assist in the improvement and expansion of the Museum.
The Friends is a non-profit group founded in 1997 with an advisory board, officers, and a board of trustees representing all municipalities in the county. The Friends sponsors fund-raising projects to help further the Museum’s valuable contribution to the county. See below for upcoming events.
The Museum opened in 1970 as a cooperative effort by Lexington County government and the Lexington County Historical Society to collect, preserve, display, and research objects pertaining to our county’s history. It is located on Fox Street in the heart of Lexington.
“Remembering…Gibson’s Pond” Fundraiser
January 21, 2006
“Remembering…Hite’s Restaurant” Fundraiser
January 20, 2007
“Remembering…Jaycees’ Snowball Dance” Fundraiser
January 19, 2008
$113,000 provided for moving, restoration, & furnishing of Leaphart-Harman House (pictured above)
$ 20,000 for antique rifles
$ 13,000 for restoration of Daniel Koon House
$ 18,000 for rifle/gun case & restoration of 1857 coach
$ 12,200 for the restoration of Ellen's Quarters $ 11,000 for the restoration of the Fox House Breezeways