Skip to main content
The Official Web Site of the State of South Carolina

Lexington County Administration Building is closed Monday, 5/27/2024 in observance of Memorial Day.

Quick Tips

Services of the Office

  • Acceptance of child support or fine payments.
  • When mailing payments for child support or fines, be sure to write your case number on your money order or cashiers check. This will prevent your payment from getting applied to the wrong account.
  • Registration of notary commissions.
  • To register your notary commission you must bring the large original certificate to our office. We will stamp and seal the back and you must sign our register. There is a $10.00 fee.


    Speeding Tickets

    The Clerk of Court's office does not handle speeding tickets. If you have received a speeding ticket from any law enforcement agency in Lexington County, you will need to check the area on the ticket that states where you are to appear for court.

    If you are to appear at Traffic Court, 139 East Main Street, Lexington, S.C., please call (803) 785-2518. If you are to appear at Town of Lexington, 111 Maiden Lane, Lexington, S.C., please call (803) 951-4634. If you have lost your ticket and are not sure where you are to appear for court, please call the Department of Motor Vehicles at (803) 896-5000. 


    Deeds, Plats and Mortgages

    The Clerk of Court does not have information on deeds, plats, mortgages or tax liens. You will need to call the Register of Deeds for this information at (803) 785-8168.


    Help Us Serve You Better

    • Attach all exhibits or attachments mentioned in a pleading.
    • Attorneys, please do not have your client call us to inquire about their order in a divorce or any other type of case.
    • Clearly define Plaintiffs and Defendants on all filings and actions (please be as brief as possible).
    • Employees of the Clerk of Court's office cannot give legal advice.
    • Ensure paperwork is being filed in the proper county.
    • Ensure paperwork is completed properly before filing.
    • Have all documents in order before filing.
    • Have the correct case number on all pleadings filed.
    • Inform Clerk's office when a case has ended.
    • Notify Clerk's office of attorney's change of address.
    • Provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you need filed copies mailed back to you.
    • Provide all required forms when filing a new case.
    • Read all documents carefully before calling for information.
    • Supply the address of opposing attorney (if applicable) on orders.
    • Type or print judge's name below signature line on orders.