Next Council Meeting
Information on upcoming Council meetings, Committee meetings and Public Hearings.Learn More
Lexington County Administrative offices will be closed Monday, February 18th in observance of Presidents Day.
- Attach all exhibits or attachments mentioned in a pleading.
- Attach motion slips to motion when filing.
- Clearly define Plaintiffs and Defendants on all filings and actions (please be as brief as possible), especially on minor settlements.
- Ensure that correct case number is on all pleadings filed.
- For foreclosures, ensure that property description, location and address is provided for both the Lis Pendens and the civil case.
- If filed copies are needed, please provide extra copies and a self-addresses stamped envelope, or have a courier pick them up.
- Inform Common Pleas in writing when a case has ended.
- Notify Common Pleas in writing of attorney's change of address.
- Supply the address of opposing attorney (if applicable) on orders.
- Type or print judge's name below signature line on orders.
- Use the roster information line.
- When a foreclosure case is ending and a Master's Report is on file, provide the correct case number and the correct Lis Pendens number when filing Order of Dismissal and Cancellation of Lis Pendens.