Next Council Meeting
Lexington County residents will have the opportunity to recycle electronics, household hazardous waste, and tires, and have paper shred on site on Saturday, March 23, 2019 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Batesburg-Leesville High School, located at 600 Summerland Ave., Batesburg-Leesville, SC 29006.
This event is being co-hosted by the County of Lexington Solid Waste Management department, the Lexington County Stormwater Consortium, Keep the Midlands Beautiful, the Town of Batesburg-Leesville and Advanced Disposal.
• Events are held rain or shine but details are subject to change.
- To confirm details one week prior to event or if you have questions, go to https://lex-co.sc.gov – Departments-Solid Waste Management or the "County of Lexington" Facebook page or call (803) 755-3325.
• This event is for Lexington County residents only.
• Material generated by businesses will not be accepted. Businesses may bring recyclables to the Edmund Landfill.
• Volunteers are on site to help unload recyclables from vehicles as residents drive through the parking lot and stop at drop-off stations.
• Refrigerators and other appliances with Freon are not accepted at events but may be brought to the Edmund Landfill (for a fee of $15 per unit).
• In the event of excessive turnout, the end of the line may be designated prior to the event end time to allow cars time to get through each drop-off station by 1 p.m.
For more information, please click the link for the event flyer.