Next Council Meeting
Lexington County Administrative offices will be closed Monday, May 27th in observance of Memorial Day.
Lexington County residents in unincorporated parts of the County who subscribe to curbside collection services will experience service provider and rate changes in the coming months. Due to the impending expiration of contracts with curbside collections services, County officials submitted requests for competitive bids for new contracts through its procurement process. As a result, customers will experience rate and service provider changes. Here are the details regarding the second phase of these changes:
District 2 and 4 (see map) effective Dec. 31, 2018:
- Service provider will change from Advanced Disposal to Waste Industries
- Customers will see a change in curbside collection rate from $15.95 to $18.65 per month
- Customers will see a change in backdoor collection rate from $30.45 to $37.30 per month
- Waste Industries will use customers’ existing household waste and recycling carts
- Waste Industries will send a postcard with further information to existing customers the last week in November. Collection day will likely change.
- A new service agreement and quarterly invoice (January through March 2019) will be mailed to customers on Dec. 11, 2018
- District 2 and 4 customers with questions can contact Waste Industries at (803) 935-0249
District 6 (see map) effective Dec. 31, 2018:
- Service provider will change from Advanced Disposal to Capital Waste Services
- District 6 has been divided into two service areas: Urban and rural. The urban service area will receive household garbage and yard-waste collection weekly and recycling collection every other week. The rural service area will only receive weekly household garbage collection, recycling pickup is unavailable. Recyclable materials can be taken to any one of the County’s 11 collection and recycling centers or the Edmund Landfill.
- Customers who wish to subscribe to curbside collection services in the urban service area (north of Boiling Springs Road and east of Calks Ferry Road) will see a change in curbside collection from $15.95 to $27.45 per month. Backdoor collection rates will change from $30.45 to $40.45 per month.
- Customers who wish to subscribe to curbside collection services in the rural service area (south of Boiling Springs Road and west of Calks Ferry Road) will see a change in curbside collection from $15.95 to $27.00 per month. Backdoor collection rates will change from $30.45 to $50.00 per month.
- Collection day is likely to be changed
- Capital Waste Services will use customers’ existing household waste and/or recycling carts. Existing customers will receive postcards from Capital Waste Services informing them of the changes and how to sign up for service on their website
- Quarterly invoices (January to March 2019) will be mailed to all existing customers beginning on Dec.15, 2018
- District 6 customers with questions can contact Capital Waste Services at (803) 814-0040
Further changes in rates and service providers for curbside collection customers in Districts 1 and 5 will be announced in March 2019. For information on solid waste franchise district boundaries, contact Lexington County Solid Waste Management at (803) 755-3325, or visit Lexington County’s Solid Waste Management website at www.lex-co.sc.gov/solidwaste.
Lexington County Solid Waste Management
498 Landfill Lane
Lexington, S.C. 29073
(803) 755-3325 Fax (803) 755-3833