Next Council Meeting
Lexington County Administration Building is open to the Public Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Stay informed! Sign Up for CodeRED.
The County uses CodeRED to send EMERGENCY notifications by phone, email, text and social media to keep citizens informed of emergencies such as an evacuation notices, utility outages, water main breaks, fire or floods, chemical spills, or other emergency situations.
The County may also activate CodeRED to send GENERAL notifications to registered subscribers to communicate non-life safety matters, such as voting registrations, planned road closures, water main repairs, water and power service interruptions, etc. By selecting the box for GENERAL alerts, you can also receive these types of notifications.
There is no charge to register for or use CodeRED and your personal information will be kept confidential. Registering for CodeRED is quick and easy:
- Sign up for CodeRED online at https://public.coderedweb.com/CNE/en-US/BF4D2D003203
- Add the phone number, 866.419.5000 to your caller ID – this is for EMERGENCY CALLS
- Add the phone number, 855.969.4636 to your caller ID - this is for GENERAL CALLS
- Add the phone number, 800-566-9780 to your caller ID – this is for WEATHER WARNINGS
- Text messages will come from short code 76993
Things to Know About CodeRED
- CodeRED delivers notifications by phone, email, text, social media, and/or mobile alerts
- CodeRED is compatible with TDD/TTY devices for those with hearing impairments
- Individuals and businesses may add as many phone numbers, email and texts numbers as they choose
CodeRED Mobile Alert App
Residents and visitors can now receive enhanced public safety alerts no matter where you are located via the https://www.onsolve.com/solutions/products/codered/mobile-alert-app/codered-mobile-apps-download/
a free public safety app for both Android and iPhone users. The CodeRED Mobile Alert app delivers community and emergency alerts to individuals targeted within an impacted geographical area. The app enables you to receive timely notifications when you on the road, away from home.
If you are currently a CodeRED subscriber that has already registered your mobile phone to get notifications from the County you will continue to receive calls. However, if you download the app, you will also be able to get alerts to your smartphone anywhere in the country, including Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Alaska.
To download the free CodeRED Mobile Alert app, visit the Google Play or iTunes store.