Next Council Meeting
Lexington County Administration Building is open to the Public Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
On March 27, 2020, Congress passed The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) (Public Law 116-136) to directly address the impacts of the Novel Coronavirus and COVID-19. These funds are to be used to undertake projects to prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Organizations that have or anticipate to have an increase in services directly related to the COVID-19 crisis or have a new project for directly addressing increased community need related to the COVID-19 crisis, may be considered for funding. Eligible pre-award costs (cost incurred from March 27, 2020 to present) related to the COVID-19 crisis are also eligible for reimbursement. Applicants must demonstrate a direct link between the COVID-19 crisis and the increase in services.
Eligible CDBG-CV activities include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
• Carry out job training to expand the pool of health care workers and technicians that are available to treat disease within a community.
• Provide testing, diagnosis or other services at a fixed or mobile location.
• Increase the capacity and availability of targeted health services for infectious disease response within existing health facilities.
• Provide equipment, supplies, and materials necessary to carryout a public service.
• Deliver meals on wheels to quarantined individuals or individuals that need to maintain social distancing due to medical vulnerabilities.
• Provide another public service that assists LMI persons directly affected by COVID-19.