Next Council Meeting
Lexington County Administration Building is open to the Public Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Lexington County Administration offices will be closed Monday, July 4th in observance of Independence Day.
On March 27, 2020, Congress passed The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) (Public Law 116-136) to directly address the impacts of the Novel Coronavirus and COVID-19. These funds are to be used to undertake projects to prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Organizations that have or anticipate to have an increase in services directly related to the COVID-19 crisis or have a new project for directly addressing increased community need related to the COVID-19 crisis, may be considered for funding. Eligible pre-award costs (cost incurred from March 27, 2020 to present) related to the COVID-19 crisis are also eligible for reimbursement. Applicants must demonstrate a direct link between the COVID-19 crisis and the increase in services.
Eligible CDBG-CV activities include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
• Carry out job training to expand the pool of health care workers and technicians that are available to treat disease within a community.
• Provide testing, diagnosis or other services at a fixed or mobile location.
• Increase the capacity and availability of targeted health services for infectious disease response within existing health facilities.
• Provide equipment, supplies, and materials necessary to carryout a public service.
• Deliver meals on wheels to quarantined individuals or individuals that need to maintain social distancing due to medical vulnerabilities.
• Provide another public service that assists LMI persons directly affected by COVID-19.