Next Council Meeting
If you have lost your pet and want to see if it is at the Lexington County Shelter, we recommend coming to the shelter and walking through our stray animal area with a staff member. We do not recommend calling the shelter as animal descriptions may vary depending on the person. You can also check Petharbor for your lost pet; however, we do not guarantee all animal photos are current and still suggest a physical walk through of the shelter.
Stray animals are held for a period of five business days. During this time the animals are checked for identification tags, scanned for a microchip, and the staff will look through reports of lost animals to check for a description that matches the animal. At the end of the holding period the animal will become the property of the County. The animal then may be evaluated to see if it may be put up for adoption or sent to a rescue organization.
- Enter 29072 into the zip code
- Click on Lost My Pet
- Under Search Online select Dog or Cat
- Select Lexington County Animal Services and hit the Search Selected Shelters button
- Choose the animal type you are looking (selecting description preferences is not recommended)
- Select Search Now and view animals in our shelter